Monday, January 12, 2009

Thinking out loud.

I am having so many ideas that flood me at once, it gets hard to focus. I think every time I shoot, I realize something or another light bulb turns on...is this supposed to happen? I guess what I am saying is I am learning from my camera...I shoot and then upload and study the pics, what I could have done different...etc. The biggest problem for me is taking too many of the same shots, then I have to go through and it is harder to choose the one I like most...this will be one of my many challenges.

2 comments:

  1. Yes indeed... get this out of your system. You still have the "new toy excitement". When this starts to die down a little bit, and I promise it will, that's when it's time to start focusing on some technicals. Learning the numbers and shutting off all your automatic settings and working with the camera completely on manual. It will suck at first, but you will quickly learn what to do in order to make better and better images. Once that happens you will start to do it unconsciously and you can go back to taking all the shots you see in the viewfinder as they come to you because the technicals will slowly become second nature. That time has not come yet. Go out there and keep doing what you're doing and shoot until you are exhausted.

    ReplyDelete